Applications for Wentworth Park Racing Operations Manager at the Premier racing venue in NSW
Skills and experience
Ideally, the successful applicant will hold tertiary qualification in Business Management, Sports Administration or similar.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience or capacity in the following key performance expectations:
- A strong understanding of the greyhound racing industry preferred
- Demonstrated high levels of time management and working under pressure
- An eye for detail
- Budget understanding and implementation experience
- Strong people and policy management
- Strong in Office 365 (Particular word, excel and outlook)
- Race meeting development, preparation and completion of associated paperwork for effective accounting and record management.
- Event planning and implementation, with regard for precise timings and execution to timelines
- Coordination and implementation of race night promotions
- Coordinate non-race day Trials, including overseeing scheduling, staff and complaints handling.
- Venue review with an eye for detail on venue presentation, cleanliness, and customer experience
- Staff briefings, management and conflict resolution as required
- Staff Evaluation and Appraisal
- Arrange cover as required
- Completion of required paperwork including time sheets, tax declaration forms
- Excellent communication skills
- Success and outcome driven
- A successful approach to liaising with passionate stakeholders
- Capacity to self-manage and participate in a small team
- High energy and positive approach
Ideally, you will have at least two years’ experience in a similar role with proven results. You will have an appreciation of the racing/sports administration industry and a desire to make a difference.
What we will offer you
A competitive salary is being offered to the successful candidate. NSW GBOTA provides all staff with the opportunity for continuing professional development and career progression. You will be working with a highly motivated team in a very rewarding role.
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the position with reference to the requirements and role summary. Email your application to: email@example.com by Sunday 25th August 2019.