The NSW GBOTA advises that following allocation of TAB C racing for Wentworth Park a number of initiatives will be undertaken to offer opportunities to all participants.
Programming scheduled will look to cater for a range of distances and grades. Initiatives being undertaken include:
- Introduction of TAB C Wentworth Park Heat into Friday night Finals,
- Quarterly 520m Maiden Heats on Monday into Friday finals worth $5,000,
- Feature heats and finals for lower grade 520m and 720m races.
- Increased opportunities for 4th grade runners
- Coordinated Home & Away series to minimize clashes of heats in regions,
- 280m Monday to Monday heats, where race date allocation allows
- 280m Veterans racing for 4years and over greyhounds. Introduction of Veterans racing looks to expand the racing life span of the greyhound. The NSW GBOTA will work with GRNSW to ensure fit greyhounds are presented for racing.
Nominations will close of the Wednesday prior at 9am with GRNSW and be drawn in the following order:
- Advertised events
- Graded 720/520m events
- Maiden 520/720m events
- 280m graded events then,
- 280m maiden events.
At the current time, Performance Trials are not available at Wentworth Park. Further inquiries can be made with the NSW GBOTA, Operations Manager Ellen Dwyer on 02 85871210